Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Shoe-a-holic in Eugene, Oregon

One last shopping tip from our trip to Eugene. As I mentioned yesterday, there's no sales tax in Oregon. That makes shopping more reasonable for a visiting Canadian (and Washingtonian) in these tight economic times.

I needed a pair of Merrell Jungle Moc shoes to replace the ones I've worn smooth on the soles. These are the most comfortable walking shoes I've ever had. I went online and found several stores within walking distance of the Hilton. I called Shoe-a-holic (catchy name, eh?). Yes, they had what I was looking for. The online price is $85.00 and Shoe-a-holic offered them at $69.99. That was a savings of $15.00. On top of that, there was no tax, resulting in an additional $5.88 savings to me. Not a bad deal since I was already in town.

Shoe-a-holic is located at 957 Willamette, right in downtown Eugene. There's even free weekend parking at all downtown parking garages, including the nearby Parcade at 8th and Willamette. They are open daily from 10:00 to 7:00 and specialize in comfortable, work and play shoes. If you are looking for knee high rubber boots, their wall is lined with multi-coloured options. Go check them out. - Margy

0 comments: