Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Sanibel Island Snowy Plovers April 26 & 27

Amazing !! That's how I will start this.


I left Pompano Beach , Fl and drove 2 /12 hours to Sanibel Island on Florida's West coast
and met up with Jay Paredes and Chuck Hersh and as soon as I opened my car door they announced the chicks have hatched lets go !
I quickly set up and trekked 3/4 a mile up the beach to find fellow photographers Hugh McLaughlin , John Cornell and Jim Urbach set up and snapping away and I quickly followed suit !

This all happened because of EPS member Hugh McLaughlin befriended a college student and helped her some with her photography, staying in touch from time to time and she in return
provided expected hatch dates , Hugh not only supplies her with SP images for her projects, but he gives her instant updates, including times of hatch and behavior, that helps fill out the research.

It was a beautiful two days with friends and nature.



0 comments: