Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Props for my new bike

Finally, a cap that matches my sideburns!Remember those fashion articles in FREESTYLIN' magazine, where you'd go, "What's this crap! Who care's what R.L. or Wilkerson wears, this page could be a photo of jumping or Dominguez at Pipline or something good." Well, this isn't one of those articles. But Here I am, sporting my "bouncer look," in a Standard Bykes cap and Porkchop BMX T-shirt. Yeah, I know, hard to believe some lucky woman hasn't snapped me up yet. Heh, heh, heh.
I'm holding the new bike sent to me by Nick Zielger, donated by a whole bunch of people who I haven't given proper credit to. So that's what I'm doing in this post. Here's who gave me the bike and other stuff:
Nick Ziegler- Redline Flight cranks, Profile sealed bearing bottome bracket, gear bag, four shirts: Giving out bikes is a program Nick has, so he does all the work on getting donations from all over the bike world for riders he thinks need a bike. Here's a link to his thread on Vintage BMX:
Nick Zielger's bike donation project
If you'd like to donate bike parts, stickers, gear, or money to help Nick out email him here:
nziegler@istate.com
Porkchop BMX- Schwinn Pro cruiser frame, DK seat post, chain, freewheel, Duro CompIII style tires, chrome pad set, number plate, 4 inner tubes
Indy Lo Down- Schwinn Pro Cruiser fork, FSA headset
Midwest BMX Program- bought FLY Bars cruiser bars, Sinz V-Brake kit, seat clamp
Standard Bykes/Good Times Superstore- (Rick Moliterno & crew) - Two pairs Standard jeans, Standard cap
Odyssey BMX- Magnesium Jim Cielencki pedals, polished stem, grips
Sun Ringle- 24 x 1.75 Super Stock rims
O'Reilley's - Allen wrenches, standard wrench set, flat wrenches
Callie Graphics - decals

A massive thank you to everyone above for all the stuff. And if I left anyone out, let me know, I'll add you to the list.

By the way, in that photo above, you can see a wooden fence by my right shoulder with a patch of fresh concrete in front of it. That patch of concrete is covering the old swimming pool in this complex. When they drained it it had a beautiful seven foot high face wall, six foot tranny with a foot of vert. It would have been a blast to ride or skate. And now it's filled with dirt and covered with concrete. Another good pool bites the dust. Bummer.

0 comments: