Thursday, February 4, 2010

Introducing Jenn at "My Muskoka"

Hello readers. It's Wednesday Friends Day. This week I would like to introduce you to another Canadian follower. Her name is Jenn and her blog is called My Muskoka.

Like Carolyn, I first discovered Jenn's blog through the SkyWatch Friday meme. I also bump into her on That's My World Tuesday. Now I'm one of her Blogger Followers so I don't miss anything. Jenn is a retired teacher, so we have that in common. She lives in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada. That's where they have real winters, not like our wimpy West Coast cool season.

Here are some of my favourite posts:

Jenn is the author of a very important book. Living and Dying with Dignity chronicles her poignant and often difficult journey while caring for her ailing aging parents. This is something many of us "baby boomers" are experiencing. It's hard to know what's best to do when the roles start to reverse. When do you encourage independence, and when do you step in? Where do you turn for help for aging parents, and where do you turn for help for yourself through a stressful time? Jenn's book lets you follow along in her footsteps and ends with helpful resources. While the book is set in Canada, the process has no borders. In addition to her website, you can find more information at her other blog Living and Dying with Dignity. The book is available online in Canada at Chapters and on Amazon.com in the States.

In addition to her blogs, you will find videos by Jenn on YouTube as J3nnyj1ll's. So stop on by and say hi to Jenn in any of her many locations. I'm sure you'll find her posts and movies are as much fun as I do -- Margy

0 comments: