Wednesday, January 7, 2009

That's My World: Up the Lake

Over the last several weeks, I've introduced readers from That's My World to Powell River, BC. This week I want to invite you to come up the lake with me to see my real world. In 2000, my husband and I discovered Powell River while on a flying vacation to Coastal BC.

We returned in 2001 to look for property, but found something even better. Powell Lake has a unique floating cabin community. There are just over 250 cabins spread along the 300 kilometres of shoreline, all built on cedar log floats. Fortunately, the best cabin on the lake was for sale (at least we think so).

In the beginning, we could only visit our cabin on holidays and during summer vacation. Now we live there almost full time. Summers are great! The weather is warm, there's lots of sunshine (with a little rain in between to keep everything green), and you can swim and fish right off your deck.

But the winter is a special time at our cabin. It's more private, the weather is exciting and we love curling up in front of our wood stove.

This blog is mostly about float cabin living. I invite you to explore around to learn more about my world. Here are a few suggestions:

If you want to see more exciting places from around the world, go to the "That's My World" website. -- Margy

0 comments: