Saturday, July 5, 2008

Silent Creepers

We live in a cabin that floats on Powell Lake in Coastal BC. Our lake was created by glacial action over 10,000 years ago. There's even ancient sea water trapped at the bottom. But I guess I better get to the "point" of this story.

Around 1900 there was lots of logging around the lake. Shortly thereafter, a dam was built for the town's paper mill and the lake level rose, covering shoreline trees and stumps. Today, when the water level is low, you can see the remnants of those stumps with their pointed roots. To me they look like creatures from another world out for a walk.

If you are new to my blog, I invite you to stay awhile and see what life is like on the lake. Take a look at my list of categories. I'm sure you will find lots of topics of interest. -- Margy

0 comments: