Sunday, July 20, 2008

HDR - High Dynamic Range

HDR - High Dynamic Range
I really did not realise there were such extremes to HDR
until I started looking at a few tutorials on HDR.

You can do it to the extreme and make surreal images with amazing detail or you can use it
very subtly and make images that are so life like that it is in a sense surreal in itself.

I had seen a few tutorials and most of them were so technical that I just thought "Umm, OK maybe one day" but in the mean time I was stock piling images that I thought would be good for HDR , whenever I did learn to do it!

I stumbled upon this website that had the most basic tutorial on how to do HDR with Photomatix and it was one where I thought
"I can do that !" So here is my first two attempts at HDR.
Nowhere near great but done in less than 5 minutes.

Pompano Beach, FL - Storm Front - Looking West over the Everglades

West Coast - USA


Here are some images from my friend Jay Paredes who first told me about HDR.

http://www.evergladesphotosociety.org/



0 comments: