Friday, May 16, 2008

Canon 1D2N Shutter Fix - May 15 2008

I received my Canon 1D2N back from Canon this morning and gave it a work out at Long Key today.
Canon put on a new body mount , replaced the lock pin unit, installed a new shutter unit , checked back & front focusand brought the camera to factory specs. $ 323.00 (Priceless)

Can somebody say ........ OMG !

First I thought that Canon somehow upped the resolution on the LCD because the images were too sharp looking. I was happy to see the great detail but it was not until I just got home and previewed the images and realized that they are razor sharp !!! This is a whole new camera and not even close to the what it was before the shutter failed.
I had a feeling though because since the camera was being fixed I have been THRILLED with he performance of the Canon 40D.
It is quick enough for birds in flight , superb image quality and a more than worthy camera on its own and that was somewhat disconcerting as I was getting more keepers than with my 1D2N.

I am ecstatic... razor sharp images with dead on tracking.
I am so pissed... my camera was that bad and I did not notice ??

Well count me happy overall....way happy.

Juvenile White Ibis in Flight Long Key Park in Davie, FL



Adult White Ibis in flight Long Key Park in Davie,FL

0 comments: